Orthopedic and sports medicine
The Center for Complementary Medicine was founded by Rick Bernard, who has been in clinical practice of orthopedic and sports medicine for 20 years. Our mission is the integration of traditional Chinese acupuncture with anatomy, western orthopedics, and sports medicine practices. Furthermore, the use of more modern acupuncture techniques, most notably electro-acupuncture greatly enhances the efficacy of the treatments, particularly for painful conditions.
The Acupuncture Clinic
The Center is a clinic that specializes in the treatment of sports injuries, pain, and musculo-skeletal disorders. Our emphasis is an integrated approach to medicine that leads us to accurate assessment of each patient and their condition and results in precise acupuncture treatment protocols. Within four treatments the patient should experience relief in their condition, with more corrective care to stabilize the condition requiring additional treatments.
The Center is a multi-disciplinary, multi-practitioner facility serving the Willow Glen community with a variety of health care services. The Center offers a spectrum of complementary medical modalities. Our core services include:
- Acupuncture, Herbal therapy, Chinese Medicine
- Chiropractic care
- Massage therapy
- Cranio-sacral therapy
Education at the Center
Our core team offers educational programs designed to teach, empower, and enlighten our patients. We offer:
- Health talks for new patients
- Workshops and interactive seminars
- Individual programs: weight loss, smoking cessation, nutritional guidance
- An interactive trigger point therapy and wellness workshop monthly
- Outside lectures including such topics as: 5 Secrets to Weight Loss, Natural Solutions to Fibromyalgia, Treating Digestive Problems Naturally, Avoid Carpal Tunnel Surgery through Acupuncture, Natural Solutions to Headache Pain, Natural approaches to the Prevention & Treatment of Low Back Pain, How to Increase Your Chances of Pregnancy 40-60% with Chinese Medicine, and 5 Secrets to Looking and Feeling Younger
Our Guiding Philosophy:
Dedicated to providing the highest quality care to patients desiring optimal health and quality of health. Our dynamic programs of patient care address the physical and functional aspects of each individual. Focused on sports related and pain elimination treatment programs, we interact with physicians in sports medicine, pain medicine, occupational medicine, providing complementary services which support and enhance patient care.